Saturday, 2 November 2013 | JP
Fish On Tungsten Nymph Bodies give the perfect nymph profile - as slim as possible while delivering the weight of a tungsten bead many sizes larger (the size 2.4 body shown above on a size 14 hook is approximately the same weight as a 4.0mm tungsten bead!)
Hook: Fish On Nymph/Wet
Body: Fish On Tungsten Nymph Body
Thread: Fish On UTS
Tails: Fish On Coq de Leon
Rib: Fish On Ultimate Body/Rib (D section fine)
Thorax dubbing: Fish On NBC
- Lay on a bed of thread and tie in the tails then build up the thread just thick enough for the tungsten body to grip the hook shank (the low build properties if UTS give perfect control over this).
- Stick the nymph body to the shank with a blob of superglue.
- Tie in the rib at the back of the body then wind the tying thread up to the grooved area at the head end of the nymph body.
- Wind the Ultimate Body/Rib in touching turns and tie off on the underside of the head. For added effect you can colour the rib with a waterproof marker pen.
- Add a pinch of NBC dubbing at the thorax and whip finish.
The Fish On Team